tirsdag 28. oktober 2008

Let go of the marshmallow

It's been quite a while since I've written now. Some things have changed, but I've still got a bunch of homework, and I have just visited two more museums. But first; I have moved from the appartment with fleas to a new place. I live with a lady, she's 57, and she's very nice. I talk to here once in a while, when I eat breakfast, and come home from school. But I have to get used to listen to here, because at this moment I very little understand, mainly because she uses lots of words I've never heard before. And I think she thinks that I do too much homework:)
I have a big room for my selve, and nobody else from my class lives there. It's a nice feeling to walk to school alone, and just listen to music or podcasts. And it's a perfect distance from where I live to the university center; about 1/2 hour to walk.

This is the lamp in my room.



And this is the view from my window.

I have seen the place were Pushkin lived his last years, and died. It was very interesting, and our guide looked like a person from the middle age; he was quite skinny, he acted like an eurytmiteacher and I think he was secretly in love with Pushkins wife. He told us several times have she was considered the most beautiful woman in St. Petersburg and even in hole Russia.

Then, last friday, I went to a small kind of palace, but still in the middle of the city, where there had lived a very rich and well educated family. (what happened with the font?) Sounds like I'm dreaming now... what? alright. Well, I love this palace. It's called Jussupov Palace. I've been there once before, (then I even got to see the basement where they (tried to) kill Rasputin) and the interior is so beautiful. I simply loose my breath, if you can say it like that in english. I was so stupid to not bring my camera (mobilephone), so it's all gonna just stay in my head.


This is from one of me and Inger Johanne's translation sessions. It's become a tradition that we finish the translation, while we eat m&m's, then we go to our regular pirog-place, eat pirogs, and then right out our translation. Sometimes we have to do the last one over again, because the teacher wasn't complietely satisfied. Yeasterday, we even ate cake afterwards which we dipped in hot chocolate:). I think it became a tradition.


What is up with it?

And last friday almost everyone from my class went to Marinskij theater, and we saw the ballet "Sleeping beauty". It was really beautiful.

Ingen kommentarer: